Welcome

..................Channeling my inner Jack Kerouac I set out to explore the world and my witness shall be the empty sky and my moleskine..................

Monday, September 27, 2010

Chester, Funky Cow Milkshakes

If you ever get the opportunity to visit the great town of Chester, there is one venue you must not miss (well, apart from that public lav nearby the shopping centre with its irrestible smell, simply delightful!)
Located just opposite Chester Cathedral in 31 St. Werburgh Street, there is a funny little shop that immediately grabs one's attention because of its comic style cow and the purple writing on the sign over the door (and no, I'm neither a girl nor a 9 year-old). It's the "Funky Cow Milk Shake Shop", which offers a large selection of the most unique milk shake variations you've ever seen or tasted. Although you can find similar places in various English cities, I'm sure many of my non-British readers have never seen anything like this shop in their countries before. At least, during my travels, I have never encountered a Milk Shake Shop like this one outside of England (well, apart form America, but..meh..)

The Funky Cow Milk Shake Shop is easily the best milk shake selling venue I've ever been to. The staff is friendly and the shop itself, although rather small, is full of the most delicious, peculiar and also disgusting ingredients. To try every flavour you will have to return to Chester more than 150 times or drink several shakes in one day and explode.

The shakes consist of vanilla ice cream, milk and whatever flavour you like. To be on the safe side, you might want to add a chocolate bar or M&Ms. If you think of yourself as the brave kind of person, you won't back away from the TicTac or even the Marmite flavour (an explosion of your taste buds, I tell you) just as everyone else would (and rightfully so). The staff even counts the people ordering a Marmite Flavour. I think, when I visited the shop, there have been fifty-five brave people so far (or fifteen, I really couldn't make out the handwriting, it had been crossed out so many times..)
So, whenever you're in Chester go and try it out!

Opening Hours
Monday to Friday from 10:00am-5:30pm,
Saturdays from 10:00am-6:00pm
Sundays from 11am - 5pm.

It doesn't have its own website, but you can visit the Funky Cow's Facebook Site:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chester-United-Kingdom/Funky-Cow-Milkshake-Bar/140358837174

No comments:

Post a Comment